Top 5 Tips to Sell Your Home Fast
Marketing is important in selling anything and real estate is no exception. Statistics show that 85% - 90% of buyers start their home search online. When your selling a home you want to make sure that you have a strong online presence.
Here are 5 tips to sell your home fast.
1. craigslist.org: Craigslist is the #1 site to post online classified ads. This site gets over 20 billion page views per month and there's a section where you can post your home for sale. Even if you get 1% of the 20 billion people viewing your home, it's a great way to get your listing viewed and eventually sold. However, you have to be persistent. There are many people posting their home for sale so you might get knocked down to the bottom of the page by the end of the day.
2. youtube.com: YouTube is the most powerful form of marketing. People are always more attracted to photos, videos, and audio rather than plain text marketing. If you have a flip camera or digital camera with video function take a video tour of your home and post it on YouTube. This is just like making a mini-commercial for marketing the sale of your home.
3. postlets.com: This is a website that you can use to post your property listing if you aren't using a Realtor to sell your home. If you can't get your home on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service), this would be the second best option to market your home on the internet the best part is that it's FREE. One post to this site and your listing will get syndicated to multiple other websites so that you can get maximum exposure for your property online.
4. Signs (Yard sign, open house, etc): This is the most traditional method of marketing. The exposure to number of buyers will be far less than internet buyers but you can target a more specific group of people . Think of it this way, majority of the people that will see your signs are your neighbors. Your neighbors more than likely surround themselves with people of similar status, income, lifestyle, etc. and they may know someone who's interested in moving into your neighborhood.
5. This might be a little technical, but if you know how to save the "image" of the video you can take that image, upload it into your craigslist posting, and post a link from that image back to your YouTube page. Craigslist doesn't allow a full video to be posted so this is the next best thing. This will drive more traffic to your craigslist post because once again, people like photos and images much more than plain text and it will make your post much more popular.
None of this will matter if your not persistent. Market consistently and persistently and you'll be selling your home in no time!