Tips to Market Your Home
Selling a home online is the simplest way for an owner to sell his home himself. Like in any kind of sale, online selling also warrants extensive marketing. Marketing techniques used to reach the target market help in the quick sale of the property.
Effective marketing techniques are those that make the deal seem lucrative to the buyer. Online facilities offer the seller a lot of flexibility for marketing the property. However, one should use these facilities to bring out the features of the property in an attractive manner.
Here are some useful tips for marketing a home:
1. Property portals allow the seller to post descriptions about the property. Generally, there is no limitation on the number of words that can be used. However, it is beneficial not to go overboard and write lengthy descriptions. You should write brief, precise description of the property. This is because the prospects lose interest in lengthy descriptions and may opt to read about a different property.
What should you include in the description of the house?
• Location of the house
• Number of bedrooms
• Number of bathrooms
• Square-foot area
• Highlights such as the type of flooring, if kitchen sinks are made of steel or any other features, etc.
• You should also highlight if public transportation system is close-by.
• It is also beneficial to mention nearby malls, schools, etc.
The description should be worded such that the seekers can easily find relevant information.
2. You can post a number of pictures on the website. You should take care to capture attractive images with a proper lighting of the home. You could also consider home-staging before taking the photographs. Photographs should be taken from vantage points so as to make the home look spacious.
3. Online listing offers you the opportunity to post a virtual tour of the property. This enables the seeker to get a fair idea about the house. Before you record the video you should ensure that the home looks attractive. For this, it is essential to de-clutter and organise the house. Home-staging also helps in enhancing the appeal of the home.
4. Although the trend is for buyers to search properties online, it helps to advertise in the newspaper also.
5. You can also distribute e-flyers.
6. You can put up ‘Home for Sale’ boards in your yard.
7. You can send direct mails to neighbours, agents of buyers and to buyers in other locations.
Though not exhaustive these are some useful pointers which help in marketing a property effectively. In addition to these, you can use your creativity to market your home. Effective marketing will enable you to sell your property without an agent. This will help you in enhancing your gains.