Creative Marketing Ideas For Electronics Stores
In today's technology-driven society, electronics stores don't always have to do much marketing. There are enough "techies," or technology fanatics, around to keep these stores in business, not to mention that technology is ever-changing and new products are released often. Nevertheless, every business has a slow season or two, so if you're looking for ideas to boost the sales of your electronics store, you've come to the right place.
- New product launches-Electronics generate excitement and buzz naturally, so turn the release of a hot new product into a full "launch party." Just like a midnight showing of a highly-anticipated movie, new product launches will ensure that your store is packed. Offer a drawing for one of the free products, or even a coupon to the first X amount of customers. Promote this event heavily, with yard signs and banners around your store that list the date of the party and the name of the product.
- Technical support-Many of your customers love your products but may not know how they work, that's why they're coming to you. Your employees, however, are very-knowledgeable and can be a great resource for your customers. Offer tech support services, whether this manifests as in-store assistance or actual in-home setup and repair. These services make your business more of a one-stop shop, which keep customers coming back to you. Create a section of your store for service and assistance, and clearly-define it using vinyl decals or a large banner so customers that need help know exactly where to go.
- Christmas giveaways-Electronics are always hot-sellers during the holidays, so create promotions that drive customers to you for the perfect Christmas gift. Hold raffles for this season's hot-selling product, or even discounts based on the amount of money spent in the store. The idea is to do whatever it takes to get customers in your store and not your competitors'.
- Electronic marketing-Your tech-savvy customers will respond better to electronic marketing methods than, say, direct mail or a billboard. Utilize email marketing, SMS marketing, and social media to reach your customers directly. Don't spam them or you'll get on their bad side, but connect enough that they want to come into your store to see what's new.
- Membership cards-Offer customers the chance to sign up for a membership program. This allows you to gather their information for marketing purposes, and in return they receive a card they can use to earn special discounts. By swiping their card they can receive discounts right away, or they can accumulate points that can eventually be redeemed for discounts to use in the store-it's up to you!